Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Audition tips

I've been getting a lot of e-mails from you guys asking for audition tips...  and they are the same questions over and over (I don't mind)... so here are a few answers to them, and I will try to update this when I can with more Q & A.

1.  Should I sleep over / camp-out in line?
      NO.   There is no advantage to doing this.  Worst case scenario, you'll end up sick, or hoarse, and tired and unable to perform.  Best case scenario, you'll make the "front of line" shot (10 seconds of airtime) and will get to sit inside 20-30 minutes earlier than other people.   What's better, 20-30 minutes of A/C or 6-8 hours of A/C by sleeping at home/hotel the night before?  I got there at 6:30 on ticket day and 4:30 on audition day and it was more than sufficient.

2.   Any other tips for camping out in line?
     YES!   Bring things to entertain you (duh)... but things that are easy to move.  I brought cards and board games and it was awful because I kept having to pick up and scoot when the line was moving.  Try things like iPads and headphones and guitars.  

3.  Any other tips?
   YES!  They did not allow in outside food or drink (because the arena sells it to you) but it's all overpriced and crap and not foods for singers (ie, they sell nachos with cheese and carbonated beverages, and not tea and bananas).    So, I snuck in food inside a shoe box (because most contestants bring an extra pair of non-comfy shoes for the audition, right?)  I put a few bottles of water, a banana, some apple sauce, and some nuts inside the shoe box and covered it up with the tissue paper that comes inside the shoe box.  When they searched my bag, they didn't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment